Welcome to Sunset Strip
The mile and a half stretch of Sunset Boulevard that passes through West Hollywood is also known as The Sunset Strip. Extending from West Hollywood’s eastern border with Hollywood at Crescent Heights Boulevard, to its western border with Beverly Hills at Doheny Drive, The Strip is highly coveted. Embracing top-tier boutiques, restaurants, and nightclubs while also offering exclusivity, The Sunset Strip remains the most consistently market in all of Los Angeles.
Undoubtedly, one of the hottest neighborhoods in Los Angeles real estate is the Bird Streets. This enclave of luxury homes, located high above the Sunset Strip, has become one of the few go-to locations for high-end buyers. Nestled in the southeast Santa Monica Mountains, you can’t help but feel you “made it” when you gaze at the hustle of the City of Angels sitting below.
Rising 7% over the last three years, the median sales price of homes never dipped below $1.2M and has never risen above $1.5M until now, reaching $1,520,750. This past quarter proves Sunset Strip remains a market with a bright future.
Hilton & Hyland recommends Sunset Strip real estate for its many advantageous qualities, such as:
- Growth is steady, and sales prices in October 2012 are up by 7% in comparison to the same period in 2014.
- The market presents an attractive mix of real estate, including popular Mid-Century Modern homes, contemporary properties, and classic architectural gems.
- Notable neighborhoods including the iconic Bird Streets, Outpost Estates, Mount Olympus, and Beachwood Canyon.
- An affluent and attractive population, with a median income of $71,717 – almost twice that of the median income of Los Angeles.
- A private and hip location that is still within reach of all the culture and commerce that the city has to offer.